About Chemistry Department
History of the department
The chemistry department of our College started in 1970. This is one of the largest science departments of the college. In its history of 50 years, it has grown considerably.
Location of the department
The department is located in an independent and large Science Wing building (Ground Floor) which houses 12 spacious laboratories and one Central Instrumentation Laboratory.
We aim to provide the students with a sound preparation for the requirements of modern industry and provide competency, in basic academic research as well as a cohesive, clearly structured overview of Chemistry.
The development of fundamental understanding, with the emphasis on new structural, synthetic and theoretical techniques applicable in both academic and industrial context.
The department offers Undergraduate Programme (B. Sc. Chemistry), Post Graduate programme (M. Sc. Organic Chemistry), Post Graduate Programme (Chemistry-Under Distance Learning Mode), and Ph. D. in Chemistry.
The sanctioned strength is as follows-
B. Sc. (Chemistry) – 60 Granted seats + 204 Non-Grated seats
M. Sc. (Organic Chemistry)- 50 Non-Granted Seats
M. Sc. (Chemistry) – Distance Learning Mode through YCMOU – 30
Ph. D. (Chemistry)- 09
H’ble Shri. Bapusaheb Dipakbhai P. Patil
Smt. Kamaltai P. Patil
Shri. P. R. Patil
Co-Ordinator (F. &C. )
Aim & Objective
• True to the spirit of justice and equality of opportunity enriched in the constitution, the college tries to encourage higher education among the weaker and socially handicapped section of the society.
• The college offers the dynamic curricular with the flexibility to enable all young people to experience choice and diversity.
• The College provides an environment where everyone fills safe and secure.
• The college work hard to develop the spiritual, moral, intellectual, physical and aesthetic powers of its students so that they may become good citizens useful to themselves and to their fellowmen.
• The College committed for spiritual, academic, physical, social and emotional development of the students comes from tribal area.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
• College with Potential for Excellence:
The college has an honor of “CPE” status by University Grants Commission, New Delhi from 2010.
• ‘A’ Grade College:
North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon has awarded our college with ‘A’ Grade for the last three years.
• Best Unit Award (NSS):
Student Welfare and National Service Scheme unit of North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon has awarded â€œBest Unit Awardâ€ to the N SS Unit of our college.
• Best Magazine Award:
Our College Magazine ‘CHETANA’ received Best Presentation, Best Research Article in Hindi (Ist prize) and Best Research Article in English (Ist and IInd prize) from North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon.
- D.N. Patel College of Engineering, Shahada
- G. M. Chaudhary Polytechnic, Shahada
- College of Agriculture, Shahada
- College of Education, Shahada
- Diploma in Education, Shahada
- College of Pharmacy, Shahada
- Diploma College of Pharmacy, Shahada
- Advance Study Center for English & Indian Languages, Shahada
- Industrial Training Center, Shahada