The institute is also recognized as a Gujar Minority institute by the Government of Maharashtra. Over the past 50 years, the Mandal has developed a large educational complex and has spread its wings with family schools from Nursery to Secondary, Jr. College, Senior College of Arts, Commerce, Science, Education, Agriculture, Engineering, Polytechnic, Industrial Training Center, Pharmacy, etc. With a strong vision and passion for being the pioneers of the modern education system, all sister institutes are state of the art, with ever-expanding facilities and infrastructure.
P. S. G. V. P. Mandal’s SIP Arts, GBP Science, and STKV Sangh Commerce College were established in the year 1970 by Honorable Sahakar Maharshi Shri. Annasaheb P. K. Patil with the objective to educate, motivate and uplift the vocational skills of the young generation of peasants and landless workers. The college has a progressive management team led by Shri. Bapusaheb Dipakbhai Patil, President, PSGVPM, Shahada. It is a multi-faculty, co-educational, and Government aided institution affiliated with Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon.
The college has a glorious past with recognitions from different educational agencies. UGC, New Delhi has awarded us the status of ‘College with Potential for Excellence‘ and NAAC, Bangalore has conferred an ‘A’ grade in the 3rd cycle. Recently our institution has been identified as a RUSA beneficiary college and sanctioned with Rs 2.00 crores under Component 9- Infrastructure Grants for Colleges. To add to our pride, our institution is honored as DBT STAR College by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India with grants of Rs. 1.04 crores. In the Academic Audit performed by the affiliating university, our college has secured ‘A’ Grade continuously for the last 5 years. With the help of all these agencies, we will be able to bring about positive changes in teaching by making it more student-centric, outcome-based, and research-oriented.
The College provides instructions in various undergraduate and post-graduate courses in the faculties of Arts, Science and Commerce. The college began with few students. Today 2500+ students are registered for various UG and PG courses in all three faculties. The teaching faculty consists of 49 learned faculty members and experts in their own subject discharging their duties with a sense of dedication and devotion.
The college has 15 departments of which 13 are postgraduate departments with 11 of them conducting Ph.D. programs. It has always encouraged an admission policy that favors students irrespective of their economic backgrounds. The college inculcates values that prepare a student for academic excellence through the paths of critical thinking, a professional work ethic, and the determination to be accountable.
Our institution offers students, who come from diverse backgrounds, the widest possible scope, and opportunity for academic exploration and all-around growth. In addition to the co-curricular and extra-curricular activities offered in this college, each student is offered a platform to display his or her varied skill sets and dormant talents. These programs, academic and otherwise, nurture qualities such as leadership, discipline, organizational capability, and managing skills. Being involved in the mission of striving towards excellence, our college is committed to its mission of public service and lays stress on continuous research specifically on socially-relevant topics. Furthermore, it strives to provide a unique setting for stimulating creative thoughts which ensure that every student who graduates remains committed to society. Compassion, humaneness, and commitment to every section of society are the benchmarks of the minds that get trained at this college.
The college’s focus is on excellence and education with a human touch which has attracted the attention of noted statesmen, academicians, and scientists from different parts at the National and International levels. The college provides ample opportunity for career advancement and extracurricular achievement. Graduates from this college are respected in corporate and multinational corporations. Students from this college also excel at national-level sports, NCC, NSS, and other extracurricular activities. Our College is committed to shaping the future Indian citizen and acknowledges, and strives to live up to the faith and confidence of all the aspirants entrusted to us and we welcome every visitor to this site.
|Name||Poojya Sane Guruji Vidya Prasarak Mandal’s, S. I. Patil Arts, G. B. Patel Science and S. T. K. V. Sangh Commerce College, Shahada|
|Affiliation||Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon.(MS) India|
|Campus Area||48 acres 1,84,941.50 sq. mt.|
|Built-up area across the campus||24,920.36 sq. mt.|
|Type of Facility||Nos.||Description|
|Principal’s Cabin||01||• Fully air-conditioned • Seating capacity of 15 persons • One computer with printer • Internet10 Mbps lease line • Unit of CCTV and Inverter • Wi-Fi enabled|
|IQAC Room||01||• Fully air-conditioned • Seating capacity of 20 persons • Computer, laptop with Printer • LCD Projector with screen • Inverter|
|Vice Principal’s Room||01||• Seating capacity of 06 persons • One computer • Attached Pantry Unit|
|Recreation Spaces||03||• Mahatma Gandhi Hall • Hriday Kunj(Gandhi Kuti) • ICT Hall • Common Staff Room • Girls Common Room • Botanical Garden • Sports Room • Around the Open Stage • Auditorium Lobby|
|CAP Office||01||• Seating capacity of 10 persons • Three computers with printer • Invertor • Internet10 Mbps lease line|
|Administrative Office (05 counters)||01||• Seating capacity of 08 persons • 08 Computers with 05 Printers • Internet10 Mbps lease line • 01 Fax Machine • 01 Scanner • 02 Photostat Machine|
|Hostel (Boys and Girls)||03||• Boys hostel with 75 rooms • Eklavya Hostel for ST students with 30 rooms • Girls hostel with 131 rooms|
|Main staff room||01||• Seating capacity of 40 persons • Wi-Fi enabled • 01 Computer • Pantry & 02 Wash Rooms (Ladies & Gents)|
|Girl’s Common Room||01||• Seating capacity of 50 persons. • Attached wash room • Sanitary Napkin vending machine|
|Wash Rooms||03||• 01 on each Floor equipped with all necessary fittings and items|
|Store rooms||03||• Office Stationery Room • Chemistry • Microbiology • Office Files/ Data Storage|
|Botanical Garden||01||• Poly House • Endangered Plants species • Equipped with Medicinal Plants • Experiment based Plants for Students • Decorative Plants|
|Parking||04||• 04 Parking sheds for two wheelers|
|Canteen||01||• Seating capacity of 50. • Green Enclosure|
|Library||01||• 1,11,955 Books and 72 journals • Reading Room for faculty and students with attached wash room • Staff Enclosure • 08 Computers for e- learning|
|Electricity Room||01||• Electrical Panel|
|Generator Set||02||• 50 kV and 10 kVA|
Particulars of classrooms
|Sr. No.||Department||Building||Dimensions (Sq. ft.)|
|1||Chemistry||Humanities Building FYBSc :405 & 406 SYBSc :403 & 404 TYBSc :401 New PG Bldg Ground floor||40x30 40x30 40x30 30x25 15x30|
|2||Microbiology||Humanities Building FYBSc :405 SYBSc :404||40x30 40x30 40x30|
|3||Biotechnology||New PG Bldg Ground floor||30x25|
|4||Physics||Humanities Building Ground Floor(101-105)||30x40 30x40 15x30|
|5||Computer Science||Central Building Ground Floor||30x15 30x15|
|6||Botany||FYBSc :(A)406 FYBSc :(B)404 SYBSc :403 TYBSc :Lab-01||30x40 30x40 30x40 30X40|
|7||Zoology||FYBSc :(A) 406 FYBSc :(B) 404 SYBSc :402 & 403 TYBSc :Lab-01||30x40 30x40 30x40 30X40|
|8||Mathematics||Humanities Building Ground Floor 106||20X 24 30x40|
|9||Hindi||FYBA:203 SYBA(Spl):302A SYBA(Gen):205 TYBA(Gen):205 TYBA Spl:302A MA:Dept & 302A||30x40 15x20 30x40 30x40 15x20 15x25|
|10||English||FYBA:203 SYBA:205 TYBA:205 MA: Stepped Hall -I||30x40 30x40 30x40 30x30|
|11||Marathi||FYBA:405 SYBA:301A TYBA:302B MA: Laboratory||30x40 15x20 15x20 15x20|
|12||Geography||FYBA(A):203 FYBA(A)204 SYBA, TYBA:205:206 MA: Laboratory||30x40 30x40 30x40 30x40|
|13||History, Political Science||FY (A):203 FY(B):204 SY Gen:205||30x40 30x40 30x40|
|14||NSS and NCC||Central Building||20X30|
|15||Commerce||FY:402,301(A) SY:403,302(B)||30x40,15x20 30x40,15x20|
|16||Economics||FYBA (A and B): 203,204 SYBA (G and Spl): 205,302B TYBA(G): 206,302B MA: Laboratory||30x40, 30x40 30x40, 30x40 30x40, 30x40 15x20,30x40|
Shri. Jagdish G. Patil
P.S.G.V.P. Mandal, Shahada
Dr. M. K. Patel
Shri. Jagdish G. Patil
P.S.G.V.P. Mandal, Shahada
Smt. Kamaltai P. Patil
P.S.G.V.P. Mandal, Shahada
To provide a gender-friendly academic ambience by nurturing a conducive environment, and equip our students with core values, life skills, and innovation through continuous improvement and customization.
To serve society by providing affordable life-oriented education with the objective of empowering students to be socially conscious & responsible citizens and manifest perfection at all times.
Aim & Objective
- To hone students’ focus and help them gain depth in their chosen area of study to achieve academic excellence.
- To enable them to prepare for lifelong learning by nurturing independent thinking.
- To sensitize the students towards the immediate environment and the society at large.
- To provide a platform to actualize students’ talents and encourage them to mould their passion into a profession.
- Quality: Provide education that leads to the acquisition of knowledge and skills necessary to achieve information literacy, career advancement, personal enrichment, leadership, and service to the community. We also strive for continuous improvement in all areas and will measure our progress with appropriate national standards.
- Integrity: We are committed to ethical and responsible behavior in our own actions and to developing the same commitment in our students, thus fostering individuals who will have the skills, knowledge, and ability to engage positively with a diverse and changing world.
- Overall Excellence: In order to prepare our students with real-world experience, we are deeply involved at all levels of the students’ academic life to ensure that from the time they step into campus, they work towards excellence to pursue higher standards in all academic, co-curricular, extra-curricular activities and administration.
- Technology integrated education: To meet the challenges of the rapidly changing technological environment of the world by integrating ICT into the classroom, laboratories, and libraries.
- Research Collaboration: Establish state-of-the-art facilities for research and harness the linkages with national/international institutions.
- Innovation: The convergence of creative leadership, cutting-edge curriculum design, and effective instructional delivery for an ever-changing global economy.
- Entrepreneurship and Value Added Education: We encourage creativity and innovation so as to encourage entrepreneurship and value-added education to achieve personal and professional success.
- Diversity: We believe that our similarities and differences are opportunities for establishing a common bond and strengthening the College by offering an environment for a diversity of thought, ideology, and approach.
- Social Responsibility: We create and cultivate a broad environment where everyone can develop their skills and contribute to the concern of society. We organize programs and activities by identifying the requirements, and difficulties of the community for embedding social responsibility amongst the students who are the future leaders.
Awards & Recognitions
- College with Potential for Excellence:
The college had the honor of “CPE” status by the University Grants Commission, New Delhi from 2010
- RUSA beneficiary college:
Recently our institution has been identified as a RUSA beneficiary college and sanctioned with Rs 2.00 crores under Component-9: Infrastructure Grants for Colleges
- DBT STAR College:
Our institution is honored as DBT STAR College by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India with grants of Rs. 1.04 crores
- ‘A’ Grade College:
In the Academic Audit performed by the affiliating university, our college has secured ‘A’ Grade continuously for the last 5 years
- Best Unit Award (NSS):
Student Welfare and National Service Scheme unit of Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon has awarded Best Unit Award to the NSS Unit of our college
- Best Magazine Award:
Our College Magazine ‘CHETANA’ received Best Presentation, Best Research Article in Hindi (First Prize), and Best Research Article in English (First and Second Prize) from Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon
- D.N. Patel College of Engineering, Shahada
- G. M. Chaudhary Polytechnic, Shahada
- College of Agriculture, Shahada
- College of Education, Shahada
- Diploma in Education, Shahada
- College of Pharmacy, Shahada
- Diploma College of Pharmacy, Shahada
- Advance Study Center for English & Indian Languages, Shahada
- Industrial Training Center, Shahada